In the age of technology, where digital screens of all sizes can be found wherever we go, it can take a huge toll on our eyes.
Here are a few tips to avoid straining your eyes, while having unhindered access to the screen.
- Get an App that will remind you in regular intervals to look away from your computer. I use Breaks for Eyes available for Mac users. It’s free for first three days, after which you can activate it for a one time payment. I’ve tried many, and this one tops it all. If you are a Windows user, you can shop around for similar tools.
- I also use an App for my mobile, it’s named EyeCare, which is quite good, with tips to exercise your eyes.
- Frequently splash some water on your eyes to keep them hydrated.
- Close your eyes for a few seconds, whenever you can. Even when not using a computer or mobile. This is because we are surrounded with LED lights, which can cause eye strain.
- For your computer, use the Night Mode. Especially, a few hours before bedtime. The blue light emitted from your mobile and computer hinders production of melatonin, a chemical essential for you to get sound sleep.
There you have it. Simple tips that can go a long way in taking care of your eyes.